Clutch gizmo

RGSkid70

My donor had this gizmo attached to the clutch slave cylinder between the bleeder valve and the master cylinder. Is this used on the Goblin? If so, how is it hooked up?
IMG_20230828_181627200.jpg

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
The DF supplied clutch line goes straight into the elbow
I believe your Goblin is using the F23 transmission? That hockey puck/elbow thing should have a clip where the plastic line inserts, pull the clip and pull out the plastic hose. The steel line should insert where you pulled out the plastic line. Or maybe the Goblin steel line end lines up with the outlet on the F23 trans? I have only worked on F35 Goblin's and maybe the Goblin steel line doesn't need the elbow for orientation? (Sebnuts is speaking of the F35 system which is a little different.) Anyhoo, the F23 system is all the same males and females, the F35 is the trouble maker. The hockey puck is only an elbow and I believe it was created to make factory assembly easier with a large end to connect.

Last edited:

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Found this pic! Because the F23 is the same ends all around, just female and male the only one I have messsed with was actually installed reversed, end to end! Seeing this pic shows me that the DF Goblin pipe should just install into that F23 inlet/bleed device on the trans. In this pic, the remains of hose shown is held in with a clip/hairpin. Pull the clip, remove old pipe, reinstall hairpin clip and insert DF steel pipe, listen for clip to engage. complete. Now bleed system and check for leaks.

Last edited:

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
So, in conclusion, the F23 "hockey puck" is no longer used. I now know the steel pipe from DF Goblin hooks up the same in both F23/F35 applications and at both ends. The aluminum elbow that Sebnuts showed us is used on the F35 ONLY!

Last edited: