Michigan builders.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Well looks like I may be back to trying to get this working myself. They quoted $535 + tax each for 1/4 aluminum cut and bent. Price per unit does not really drop if more than one unit is bought. I'm now considering how much it would be to CNC the shape out of foam board (in a few pieces) and make it out of fiberglass. There would be no bending involved since the curve would be built in. Idk, we'll see

talon2006

Well looks like I may be back to trying to get this working myself. They quoted $535 + tax each for 1/4 aluminum cut and bent. Price per unit does not really drop if more than one unit is bought. I'm now considering how much it would be to CNC the shape out of foam board (in a few pieces) and make it out of fiberglass. There would be no bending involved since the curve would be built in. Idk, we'll see

I am the guy that made these for all the guys in Houston. If there was a few of you that wanted one, I could run a small batch again and ship them. I would be approximately 330 plus 35 for shipping. I do not think I have to charge sales tax in Michigan yet. This would be laser cut out of 1/4" 5052 H32 aluminum, sent through the edge rounder which would put a nice finish on the plate. I would also bend it on my cnc press brake.

You would still need to drill the mounting holes, and possibly trim any other small areas to fit your setup. I do have the file for the intercooler and non intercooler plates. I am talking to the member that give me most of my input on the first design and we might make a few small tweaks to help fitment.

I am sure several of the Houston guys will vouch that I am not a scammer, and I have a pretty decent online presence with my company.

(I would also require each member from Michigan to cheer for The Ohio State Buckeyes prior to shipping.)

talon2006

Bending 1/4" aluminum could be done in a press...

You would need a much larger press brake to bend these, a segmented top punch and a segmented lower die with how these are setup to bend. If I make another batch I can try to remember to take photos and explain why.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
So as you can see, I reached out to my guy (Talon) to see if he will make them and ship. He has made all the ones for the Houston guys and the ones I took to goblin fest. We may tweak them a hair to shave some excess off and add the 2 holes that are the main mounting that line up everything to the radiator support. You’ll also have to state if you want the cutout for the intercooler or not.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
I am the guy that made these for all the guys in Houston. If there was a few of you that wanted one, I could run a small batch again and ship them. I would be approximately 330 plus 35 for shipping. I do not think I have to charge sales tax in Michigan yet. This would be laser cut out of 1/4" 5052 H32 aluminum, sent through the edge rounder which would put a nice finish on the plate. I would also bend it on my cnc press brake.

You would still need to drill the mounting holes, and possibly trim any other small areas to fit your setup. I do have the file for the intercooler and non intercooler plates. I am talking to the member that give me most of my input on the first design and we might make a few small tweaks to help fitment.

I am sure several of the Houston guys will vouch that I am not a scammer, and I have a pretty decent online presence with my company.

(I would also require each member from Michigan to cheer for The Ohio State Buckeyes prior to shipping.)
Cheer FOR the buckeyes!? Not Gonna Happen. Those guys Remember for ever! You realize this all stems from the Border War between "Michigan territory" and the State of Ohio, 1835. The way I heard it Michigan won, so Ohio had to keep Toledo? Though I believe I heard this story while visiting in Ann Arbor.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I'm in for one, non intercooler cutout. But I would like the bent ends of the plate to be bent downward, not up. The 'gurney' bends at the back would still be upward. Would this be possible or would that cause too much change for processing?

Ghostknife

Goblin Guru
Cheer FOR the buckeyes!? Not Gonna Happen. Those guys Remember for ever! You realize this all stems from the Border War between "Michigan territory" and the State of Ohio, 1835. The way I heard it Michigan won, so Ohio had to keep Toledo? Though I believe I heard this story while visiting in Ann Arbor.
We traded toledo for the rest of the UP, I'd say we won in that war.

jirwin

Goblin Guru

In for one:
-Non Intercooled: @jirwin , @Desert Sasqwatch
-Intercooled: {none}

Interested pending price (~$330+ $35 shipping): @Mahkoi @SmsDetroit @Traé @Ghostknife

talon2006

I'm in for one, non intercooler cutout. But I would like the bent ends of the plate to be bent downward, not up. The 'gurney' bends at the back would still be upward. Would this be possible or would that cause too much change for processing?
with the tooling setup we have it we wouldn’t be able to do this.

I am also really only offering this as designed as is. Custom stuff and design changes would dramatically change the price.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I told him to just flip it over and bend it. He said it doesn’t work that way. Then after he explain it made sense. Nope it doesn’t work that way. :D

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I told him to just flip it over and bend it. He said it doesn’t work that way. Then after he explain it made sense. Nope it doesn’t work that way. :D
Use the upturned faces as mounting points for side panels that extend below the splitter. Cheap and replaceable 1/16" plate is more forgiving to bumps than the 1/4" splitter. You can sharpen the leading edge to cut off toesies of the crowd as you cruise by too.

joe

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Use the upturned faces as mounting points for side panels that extend below the splitter. Cheap and replaceable 1/16" plate is more forgiving to bumps than the 1/4" splitter. You can sharpen the leading edge to cut off toesies of the crowd as you cruise by too.

joe
That was already part of the plan, would work better bent under, but bent upward will work too.