MX184's Roadster Bodied Track Goblin #311 Log

MX184

Found a of photo from spectator drags at the freedom factory....

Spent this weekend back in Daytona for two more days of scca autocross. Had a great battle for the class win Saturday with a k-swapped Exocet that I had beat until the very last run. Sunday they put a ringer in the car and blew me away by almost two seconds. It was fun none the less. Unfortunately neither of the other goblins that have been doing the series showed up to the event this weekend. I don't blame them, it was just ridiculously hot. So by default now I have the points lead with two events to go.

Funny thing happened this weekend...
They assigned me as a novice class instructor for my work assignment. I about fell over when they told me that, guess I look like I know what I'm doing now even though I admittedly think I don't. But it was an enjoyable experience helping others get started in their first event.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Found a of photo from spectator drags at the freedom factory....

View attachment 42041

Spent this weekend back in Daytona for two more days of scca autocross. Had a great battle for the class win Saturday with a k-swapped Exocet that I had beat until the very last run. Sunday they put a ringer in the car and blew me away by almost two seconds. It was fun none the less. Unfortunately neither of the other goblins that have been doing the series showed up to the event this weekend. I don't blame them, it was just ridiculously hot. So by default now I have the points lead with two events to go.

View attachment 42042

Funny thing happened this weekend...
They assigned me as a novice class instructor for my work assignment. I about fell over when they told me that, guess I look like I know what I'm doing now even though I admittedly think I don't. But it was an enjoyable experience helping others get started in their first event.
View attachment 42043
Instructor? "I've been called worse by your betters!" Instructor??! Geez, maybe you know more than you know you know? Ya Kno?;)

Ross

Goblin Guru
How can I see the video clip? You didn't leave me a URL, or even tell me where you posted it.

MX184

That's just a screenshot. I'll get the clip posted tomorrow after I edit it. It'll be in my Instagram page first @beerbudgetmotorsports some time after work. I'll put the link here too.

In other news I was just approved for an intermediate scca time trials license. Myself, Justin Reed and maybe one other are doing the scca national time trials at road Atlanta in November!

Rauq

Goblin Guru
In other news I was just approved for an intermediate scca time trials license. Myself, Justin Reed and maybe one other are doing the scca national time trials at road Atlanta in November!
I'd like to check this out but not sure what my availability will be.

MX184

Final two rounds of our autocross season is this weekend and it looks like a big field of cars for us. At least 5 (three goblins!) in e-mod each day and total entries might be pretty close to the 125 cap. Finally get to test out the new shoes too! 23x10.5 slicks I scored off of FB marketplace from a grassroots challenge competitor.

Stretch2126

View attachment 42871

Final two rounds of our autocross season is this weekend and it looks like a big field of cars for us. At least 5 (three goblins!) in e-mod each day and total entries might be pretty close to the 125 cap. Finally get to test out the new shoes too! 23x10.5 slicks I scored off of FB marketplace from a grassroots challenge competitor.
Did you make caps to hold the rotors? Those look mean.

MX184

Well, I let my cousin twist my arm into doing another drag and drive. I made the cut into sick week. Nice thing about this one is I can sleep in my own bed for a couple of nights during the event.

Last edited:

MX184

Were you on Drag Week in the Malibu or did you just catch them passing through somewhere?
The beerbudgetmotorsports Instagram page is actually my cousin's page that we both share our car related nonsense on. He lives just outside of Charlotte and I guess the route for drag week went right by him somewhere.

MX184

Some random photos from the last autocross at daytona.

Check out that rear tire :oops:

After looking at these photos I'm beginning to thing the slicks have so much extra grip that the rear suspension might be flexing. I'll put a gopro on it next time I have those tires on the car. But they were good for a 2 second quicker lap than I did last I was here on my street tires.

I thought we were done for the season but they announced that they are having one more event in Orlando in December some time. So I guess I gotta defend my points lead for one more event.

Also hit the local cars and coffee with my neighbor and his goblin a couple of weeks ago. That's his 2jz swapped sky as well.

Decided that since I got roped into Sick Week in January to hold off on mounting up the roadster body until at least after that event. Might even wait until it gets too hot to enjoy the car next summer. But for the mean time I whipped up some front canards to maybe help with getting air up and over the openings in the body for the front suspension. Will they add grip who knows but hopefully it helps with the hot air from the radiator going into the cockpit during the drive days.

Next up is to design and fab up some swan mounts for the new Pro Car Innovations rear wing that arrived in the mail this week.

Hey @Fozda did they have any concerns at sick summer during tech with your goblin? I want to get ahead of any possible snafu's if possible.

Stretch2126

I’m coming for that title at Orlando :cool: . I’m curios to see your slicks on the smaller course. Do you have stock bushings in the rear arms? I know some people complained about them flexing too much in the past. I have the moog ones and they keep true so far.

MX184

I’m coming for that title at Orlando :cool: . I’m curios to see your slicks on the smaller course. Do you have stock bushings in the rear arms? I know some people complained about them flexing too much in the past. I have the moog ones and they keep true so far.
I think if you make it to Orlando it would qualify you for the end trophy. You've beat me at every event you've shown up for, I think I have to finish ahead of you in Orlando and have a car or two between us to win overall. So you better show up cause its yours for the taking!

I have stock base model arms and the stock bushing on my right now. Paul put the ZZP arms on his car and offered me his LSJ ones when I want to try them. Which I may do eventually.

Stretch2126

I think if you make it to Orlando it would qualify you for the end trophy. You've beat me at every event you've shown up for, I think I have to finish ahead of you in Orlando and have a car or two between us to win overall. So you better show up cause its yours for the taking!

I have stock base model arms and the stock bushing on my right now. Paul put the ZZP arms on his car and offered me his LSJ ones when I want to try them. Which I may do eventually.
I’d absolutely switch to the other arms or moog bushings when you can. I changed the circular ones not the front smaller ones. If they were flexing and changing toe that could make it very unpredictable, especially with your corner capability.
I think Paul is getting his hands on good tires so it’s gonna be fun.